Monday, November 8, 2010

My Church

I've just realized that I made my church sound pretty lousy in This Is My Story.

It's not a lousy church in the least, and neither are the people there! It's sort of hard to explain without sounding like I'm just a brainwashed groupie, but I'm going to try anyways.

The church I go to is one that is thoroughly enjoyed by those who attend it. They preach good messages, the music is great, everyone is always willing to help one another, and the fellowship has gotten MUCH better since I've started going. I absolutely ADORE our youth leader(who also happens to be the pastor's wife). She is one of my favorite adults to talk to. She loves each and every teenager in the youth group, and she's constantly thinking up things we can do together. Not only that, she also teaches us so much about God's Word and seems to know exactly what needs to be talked about.

The youth group is amazing. We're all friends(though maybe not all of the time. we're still human), and we've all got our roles we play in the youth group. We've got the quiet kids, the obnoxious kid, the know it all, the peace makers, the outgoing group, the one who's always there for you, and we have the visitors. Together, we make up a pretty great youth group, and I'm glad to be part of it.

I think the youth group has gotten more open to new comers over the years. Before, it was just a very small handful of kids going, but now we have around 16 to 20 teens who attend regularly. With so many new people coming and going all the time("going" mostly meaning "leaving for colleges"), we try to make the most of what time we have with each other. Whenever we have anyone new come, there's always a group of us ready to welcome them.

Now, I know I said earlier that I had felt tricked into salvation by one of the guys in the youth group. Well, I did, but I still thank my friend greatly for inviting us to that hayride, because that night started a series of events that has led me to where I am today. I don't think he thought of it as trickery; He was simply trying to help a friend.

While I do think we could try to do more for other people and I don't always agree with what is said there, I still believe it's a really good church with some really good people.

Just thought I'd clear that up a bit!

♥, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment