Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Interesting...

Coincidences are a funny thing. According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary, a coincidence is...

2 : the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection; also : any of these occurrences.

That's all find and dandy for those of the world who believe in accidents, but I don't. I believe everything happens for a reason.

For some reason, a certain verse has kept popping up today. Here it is.

Revelation 21:4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

As I said, I believe everything happens for a reason. As I read more verses after that, I saw some pretty powerful words. This one verse really stuck out to me...

Revelation 21:8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Wow. That's some serious stuff. How can people read stuff like this and not be scared senseless? If I didn't know Jesus, I'd sure as heck get on it, just because I wouldn't want to take my chances on ending up in a lake of fire and brimstone. It's a second death, people! Most people don't want to die once. Who wants to die twice, just to end up in such a horrible place? Why would anyone choose a fate such as that when God offers us the chance to live again and to be with Him in eternal happiness?

It's just some really interesting stuff to think about.

♥, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment