Thursday, January 6, 2011

Difficult...

So I was reading something that a friend of mine had wrote, and I could really relate to it.

She wrote about how hard it is to stay focused on God. She talked about how it's sometimes hard to stay true to Him whenever you feel as though you're not getting any reply. How sometimes, you have to wonder if Christianity is the real deal or just another phony religion.

I went through the EXACT same thing has she is now. Sometimes it IS hard to keep the faith in your religion. Sometimes you can't help but wonder if you're not wasting your time. It wasn't until one day at camp that I became 100% reassured of who I am and what God does for me.

God has ALWAYS been there for us; We're the ones who choose not to acknowledge Him. It takes true time and effort to learn how to listen better to Him. I used to think having a quiet time was just another common practice, but it's actually very super helpful to have. I believe God has shown me a lot through them, and I definitely feel closer to Him.

It's sometimes hard to keep your senses open to Him. It's hard to stay focused, and it's hard to keep from questioning some things. But in the end, it's all worth it. God will always be there for us, no matter what. If we stray, He's still there, holding our hand, trying His best to guide us back to Him.

God loves us. No matter how down we get, or confused, or even angry, He's still there for us. We just have to try our best to keep praying strong and to keep our ears and heart open for anything He may have to show or tell us.

♥, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment